You should know about your career opportunities, working conditions, work environment, insurance and especially the salary. How much money does a Computer Engineer make in a year? This question is a reason why Computer Engineering Salary is needed.
Average Computer Engineer Salary: $89,000 per year
Computer Engineer Salary Range:
|Computer Engineer Salary||$56,000||$89,000||$140,328 (+)|
|Hardware Engineer Salary||$60,000||$102,480||$149,824 (+)|
|Software Engineer Salary||$52,000||$95,740||$134,780 (+)|
The average salary of a computer engineer in USA is $89,000 per year (2013), which is 97% higher than the average U.S. salary. A latest research found that new college graduates can earn an average salary range of $56,000 to $71,000 per year.
Computer Engineering has two major specialties: Computer Software Engineer and Computer Hardware Engineer.
Computer Software Engineer develop, design and test software or construct, maintain computer networks, programs for companies. They create computer interfaces, operating systems, new programs and applications such as desktops, smartphones, tablets.
The highest Computer Software Engineering salary is $134,780, the average salary is $95,740 per year. According to bls.gov, “computer applications software engineers and computer systems software engineers are projected to be among the fastest growing occupations from 2008 to 2018″
Computer Hardware Engineer research, develop and test hardware or computer equipment including chip-set, mainboard… etc. They ensure that their hardware work properly with the latest software technology.
The highest Computer Hardware Engineering salary is $149,824, the average salary is $102,480 per year. According to the bls.gov, “employment of computer hardware engineers is expected to increase 9 percent from 2010 to 2020.”
Factors That Can Affect Computer Engineering Salary:
- Location: The United States is the best country for computer engineering, but the salary is difference, it depends on where you want to work. For e.g. New York/Silicon Alley or San Francisco/Silicon Valley; East Coast or West Coast.
- Experience: More experience = Higher Salary. If you have more than 7 years experience, you will be pay more.
- Performance: If you work with “high-performance” and focus on quality, effective; you can get higher salary.
- Education: Master’s computer engineering or Bachelor’s computer engineering can affect your annual salary. If you don’t have a degree yet, pick your favorite school and sign-up: Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Carnegie Mellon University, University of California-Berkeley, Stanford University, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign …etc
- Employer: There sure is a lot of technology companies looking for computer engineer like Google, Microsoft, Intel, IBM, Apple, Facebook or Guidewire – No.1 best tech company to work for in 2012, you can find them easily on Google.
All About Computer Engineering
Silicon Valley and LinkedIn are the 2 best places for Computer Engineer with the highest average salary are $109,000 and $113,000 per year.
Top Paying Cities:
Top Highest-Paying Companies:
|Silicon Valley – San Jose, California|
|Durham, North Carolina||Salesforce|
|Full list of Cities and Salaries for Computer Engineer in the United States||Full list of Top Highest-paying Computer Companies|
The average salary hardware engineer is 7% higher than software engineer salary, that’s an interesting point.
Top Computer Software Engineer Salary:
Top Computer Hardware Engineer Salary:
|Systems Software Engineer||Computer and Peripheral Equipment Manufacturing|
|Java Software Engineer||Specialized Design Services|
|Android Software Engineer||Computer Systems Design Services|
|Web UI Software Engineer||Scientific Research and Development Services|
|iOS Software Engineer||Semiconductor & Other Electronic Component|
|Full list of Computer Software Engineer Salaries, Companies & States||Full list of Computer Hardware Engineer Salaries, Companies & States|
In the internet era, you could easily find a online class (paid or free) and learning by yourself plan. Or you could go to a traditional class and have fun with your schoolmate.
Top Computer Engineering Schools:
Top Computer Engineering Online Courses:
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology*||University of Phoenix|
|Stanford University||Colorado Technical University|
|California Institute of Technology||Coursera*|
|Georgia Institute of Technology||Udacity*|
|University of California–Berkeley||edX – MIT, Harvard and Berkeley*|
|Full list of Computer Engineering Schools in the United States||Full list of Online Courses for Computer Engineering|
* Free Online Course
All information are up-to-date.
The default currency is U.S. Dollars (USD).